The users who fall victim to this cyber malady keep bumping into Search.totalav.com URL off and on. This happens when the infected person launches their browser, opens a new tab or does a web search. The site proper appears to be a search engine that actually goes equipped with a keyword lookup feature – at first sight, there’s nothing malicious about it. Moreover, the authors of Search.totalav.com claim to be driven by commendable ideas. The service is officially described as the search engine that plants trees.
Most of the revenue from ads displayed on Search.totalav.com search results pages is allegedly spent on planting trees in Peru, Mozambique, Burkina Faso and a number of other locations across the globe. However, the way people visit the web page in question isn’t all that transparent and voluntary. Users who have the associated add-on installed on their web browser are experiencing unsanctioned redirects of web traffic.
The events underlying Search.totalav.com unwanted recurrent instances include the emergence of a new cross-browser plugin or add-on, as well as modifications of the system startup configuration and scheduled tasks. The latter changes pursue the adware persistence objective, where the rogue online parameters keep taking effect even after the user resets the twisted settings manually. The extension added by the Search.totalav.com threat is intended to trigger the annoying popups and tabs beyond the admin’s authorization. As a result of this aggressive interference, constant redirects to the Search.totalav.com domain will be taking place. The performance of web browsers consequently deteriorates to an appreciable extent, and the user runs the risk of installing malicious programs that may steal their personally identifiable data.
Step by step instructions how to remove Search.totalav.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove Search.totalav.com virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Search.totalav.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Search.totalav.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Search.totalav.com virus from your browser
First of all, Search.totalav.com is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Search.totalav.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Search.totalav.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Search.totalav.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.