The Search.thecoolestmoviesearch.com web page is a typical browser hijacker that masks itself as a search engine. The internet is full of such things, they can be very dangerous and seriously damage your system. Which is why we advise you to deal with this threat as soon as possible.
Hackers are using hijackers for their malicious purposes. But to make maximum profit from them, they need to install them on as many computers as possible. They are using bundling methods of breaking into users\” systems. In this method a hijacker wrapped in the installation of another program and installs along with it without your permission.
Once this page is in, you will start to see it every time you open your internet browser. This hijacker messes with your browser settings, changing homepage and a default search engine on Search.thecoolestmoviesearch.com website. Although Search.thecoolestmoviesearch.com page is not malicious, it is still a browser hijacker and it can redirect you to different viral pages. You can be infected with more malicious programs, by visiting such website. We strongly advised you to get rid of the Search.thecoolestmoviesearch.com page and scan your computer for any other malicious activity. Follow the removal guide below to deal with this threat.
How to remove Search.thecoolestmoviesearch.com hijacker?
If your computer is infected with Search.thecoolestmoviesearch.com hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “Search.thecoolestmoviesearch.com” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for Search.thecoolestmoviesearch.com hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
Video explains how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Search.thecoolestmoviesearch.com virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangeropus for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is eccential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before procceding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!