The search.searchwfaa.com page is considered an unwanted and dangerous result of an infection with Weather Forecast Alerts extension. It was designed to infect Google Chrome browsers and change some settings in your browser without you knowing anything. Using this unwanted extension and search.searchwfaa.com hijacker may lead to unexpected consequences.
The main way of spreading of Weather Forecast Alerts extension is a legit advertising. Developers are promoting it as a normal service by using official website, attaching it to Google webstore. But besides that, this extension installs through viral ads and redirects, spamming. Search.searchwfaa.com browser hijacker is going along with this unwanted extension and gets inside without any problems.
After the installation of the extension, it will change some of your browser settings. Your home page or a new tab will be set on search.searchwfaa.com website, another default searching provide. This kind of behavior is very typical for the hijackers. This page looks like a legit search engine, but in truth, cyber criminals are using thousands of websites like this for their own purposes. They can collect data on users and sell this information to someone else. Or even worse, use this information to make more profit for themselves. Along with this, hijackers are known to alter search results and injection ads, which make search results absolutely irrelevant. These are the reasons why search.searchwfaa.com hijacker and Weather Forecast Alerts extension should be removed as soon as you will be aware of its presence in your system. Use of a specific removal tool is advice to locate and delete all traces of the infection. Follow the steps below to know more.
search.searchwfaa.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove search.searchwfaa.com page from the browser
First of all, search.searchwfaa.com is a browser hijackers, like many others (such as Onclkds.com, offers.boumio.com, hao.360.cn etc.). So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by search.searchwfaa.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and search.searchwfaa.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that search.searchwfaa.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove search.searchwfaa.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed search.searchwfaa.com!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with search.searchwfaa.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.