Search.searchtodaynr.com is a new browser hijacker which strongly reduces your browsing experience. In many cases, Search.searchtodaynr.com penetrates the computer in form of browser extension without your noticing.
First, Search.searchtodaynr.com rogue program changes the browser settings so that your homepage and default search engine become Search.searchtodaynr.com. Then, it will bombard you with countless and annoying pop-ups labeled as Ads by Search.searchtodaynr.com. That way, developers generate money by promoting sponsored products. Search.searchtodaynr.com is not a virus, but it is able to cause the redirects leading to harmful web-sites, where you can get a real virus.
Another unpleasant feature of Search.searchtodaynr.com is spying on you. This one continuously gathers all information related to you Internet activity like frequently visited pages, search queries, clicked ads, e.t.c. Using the data, program selects appropriate advertisement based on your preferences. However, nobody can guarantee that your personal data will not fall into the wrong hands. This might result in serious privacy issues. Appearance of bothersome pop-up ads on the computer screen, slowness of the system, redirecting links, randomly opening page and even spying on your Internet activity, all of these are the result of the Search.searchtodaynr.com impact. Therefore, please, do yourself a favor, remove Search.searchtodaynr.com in order to prevent the deterioration of the situation. This guide will help you with that.
Search.searchtodaynr.com hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Search.searchtodaynr.com virus from the browser
First of all, Search.searchtodaynr.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Search.searchtodaynr.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Search.searchtodaynr.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Search.searchtodaynr.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Search.searchtodaynr.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Search.searchtodaynr.com!
Video guide on how to remove Search.searchtodaynr.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Search.searchtodaynr.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.