Search.searchsterjosoft.com – how ro remove
Search.searchsterjosoft.com is browser hijacker and redirect that is connected to adware.This browser hijacker runs as your home page and New Tab page. In some instances, home page remains as it is, but when you start to search the web, the browser is redirected to Search.searchsterjosoft.com search result.
This browser hijacker redirects to an unknown website would become usual. Search results often contain advertising stuff. Clicking these ads may even lead you to dangerous links and corrupted contents.It collects and records details such as your visited websites, search queries, and even your personal or credit card account details. As long as Search.searchsterjosoft.com is running onto your PC, cyber crooks can steal those data as you surf online.
The presence of Search.searchsterjosoft.com would only place your privacy and system at risk. This malware also attracts other forms of potential threat to add up to your PC. Search.searchsterjosoft.com makes your system more vulnerable to further attack.
To bring back the previous settings of your browser and the normal activity of your PC, then you have to remove Search.searchsterjosoft.com.
Search.searchsterjosoft.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Search.searchsterjosoft.com page from the browser
First of all, Search.searchsterjosoft.com is a browser hijackers, like many others (such as Onclkds.com, offers.boumio.com, hao.360.cn etc.). So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Search.searchsterjosoft.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Search.searchsterjosoft.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Search.searchsterjosoft.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Search.searchsterjosoft.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Search.searchsterjosoft.com!
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Search.searchsterjosoft.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.