As is the case with all browser hijackers, search.searchmfd.com gets installed through software bundles because you do not pay enough attention to how you install software. Fortunately for you, search.searchmfd.com is not malicious and it will not harm your computer directly. But it will still behave in an irritating manner. It will alter your browser’s settings and potentially gather certain information about your browsing habits. Browser hijackers have no place on your computer and it is also worth noting that hijackers can sometimes lead users to potentially dangerous websites. If such a page is entered, the possibility of picking up malware is that much higher. You probably do not need much convincing but you should delete search.searchmfd.com as soon as possible.
Potentially unwanted programs like search.searchmfd.com travel via software bundles. They are attached to free software in a way that allows them to install alongside it if you do not notice it. Those items are option and can be deselected but that can only be done in Advanced (Custom) installation mode. When installing free software, choose Advanced settings, deselect the added items and you can then proceed to install the freeware. Do not opt for Default settings because in them, you will not be able to deselect anything and will be basically giving those added items the permission to install. Had you selected Advanced when you installed freeware, you would not need to worry about having to uninstall search.searchmfd.com.
A browser hijacker will alter your browser’s settings as soon as it is installed onto your computer. In this case, you will suddenly find that search.searchmfd.com has hijacked all your browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, and has set itself as your homepage and new tabs. These changes are made without your permission and cannot be undone unless you first remove search.searchmfd.com from your computer. As soon as you see search.searchmfd.com, you will immediately think something is wrong as it does not look like a legitimate search engine. If you try to use it, you will be redirected Google. It would not be surprising if it managed to alter your search results to include sponsored content as browser hijackers aim to generate pay-per-click revenue by redirecting users to those web pages. search.searchmfd.com might also be monitoring your browsing activities and gathering data about what web pages you visit and what you search for. That information could then be sold to third-parties. A hijacker should not remain on your computer, therefore, delete search.searchmfd.com.
Automatic removal tool for search.searchmfd.com:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for search.searchmfd.com:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with searchmfd.com virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by search.searchmfd.com:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: