After sneaking onto your computer Search.searchicc.com will attack all your browsers, altering their original start-up page, new tab and search engine provider settings’ values to its own. Consequently, regardless of whether you launch Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer, you will be inevitably and without your consent led onto a useless and risky website you never intended to visit. This means the malware will limit your control over your software and (partially) dictate your online behavior.
As the search engine which Search.searchicc.com imposes on affected users is a fake, manufactured solely to generate additional advertising profit, it will be showing you compromised results (offers for useless products, malvertisements for dangerous programs, phishing scams), thus rending your online searches simultaneously futile and dangerous. Similarly to adware, Search.searchicc.com browser hijacker also modifies the content you are displayed while browsing, injecting myriads of frustrating advertising items such as banners, video ads, in-text ads, interstitials, pop-ups and pop-unders. Besides tremendously annoying and navigation-impeding, these ads are also significantly dangerous as they are of mostly shady origin and are devised to lure you onto malicious websites which distribute malware or conduct online fraud.
Data brokering market is a large one, therefore it is absolutely unsurprising that Search.searchicc.com is set to collect various information ranging from IP and geographic location to login credentials for websites and bank account details. Because it is programmed to auto-launch on Windows start-up and constantly loads impossible amounts of mostly dynamic advertising content, Search.searchicc.com heavily eats up important computing resources and bandwidth. As a result, it will most probably quickly render your system less stable and less effective while your Internet connection will be notably slowed down.
Step by step instructions how to remove Search.searchicc.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove Search.searchicc.com virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Search.searchicc.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Search.searchicc.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Search.searchicc.com virus from your browser
First of all, Search.searchicc.com is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Search.searchicc.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Search.searchicc.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Search.searchicc.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.