Search.searchgofind.com is a browser hijacker also known as a Potentially Unwanted Program as it changes your default homepage and search engine to Search.searchgofind.com. Even if this browser extension offers services and useful functions for free, still, PC users must assess the risk that can be developed along with it.
This browser hijacker requires no approval from PC users.Without your consent, Search.searchgofind.com can get in onto your PC and alter your default home page and search settings. Even if a virus was not directly liable on this matter, we still highly suggest getting rid of it to prevent further attack.
Search.searchgofind.com direction of receiving online profits, this can bring additional dangerous to your computer. This adware is the main reason for browser redirects and too many impressions of online ads. Cyber – crooks can collect more data about your online – surfing.The number of problems and cyber attacks can significantly increase as long as this malware runs on you PC.With all of these flaws caused by Search.searchgofind.com, most likely, these are enough reasons for you to remove this adware. Keep in mind that all other unknown programs that newly installed on your system without your consent must be removed too.
Search.searchgofind.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Search.searchgofind.com page from the browser
First of all, Search.searchgofind.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Search.searchgofind.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Search.searchgofind.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Search.searchgofind.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Search.searchgofind.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Search.searchgofind.com!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Search.searchgofind.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.