Search.searcheazel.com is regarded as a nasty browser hijacker which targets main stream browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and so on. When you saw the website, it pretends to be a normal search engine, which consists of a white background, a logo and a search box. The browsing can deliver users’ search result because it usually employs Yahoo search.
Compared with other search engines, search results provided by Search.searcheazel.com include more ads and links. Normal search engine takes control of search results and select useful items as soon as possible. However, the search engine selects search results by its own rule so computer users can’t make sure that what they get are safe and useful. Hence, computer users are advised to choose more reliable search engines rather than the strange search engine.
Such phishing websites like Search.searcheazel.com always take advantage of users’ low vigilance and carelessness so that they can slip into users’ computer and takes over their browsers. Users can’t avoid being switched to the website or other sponsored websites when their computer gets infected with the browser hijacker. It also modifies browser settings including homepage, new tab and search engines. Browser shortcut is also a target place that the browser hijacker attacks. However, users rarely notice whether browser shortcut is hijacked. Moreover, the website encourages more pop ups show on users’ screen and slows down running speed of the browser. To remove the fake search engine, you should follow the removal guide in this post.
Step by step instructions how to remove Search.searcheazel.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove Search.searcheazel.com virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Search.searcheazel.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Search.searcheazel.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Search.searcheazel.com virus from your browser
First of all, Search.searcheazel.com is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Search.searcheazel.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Search.searcheazel.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Search.searcheazel.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.