Search-quick.com is a search site which pretends to be the effective search engine, capable to provide you with the reliable search results. In fact, its promises do not coincide with its real deeds. It causes many unwanted activities which turn your on-line surfing into nightmare. Learn more to find out how to stop this havoc.
If installed, Search-quick.com virus may
- replace your homepage and search engine unexpectedly
- display tons of commercials
- make people visit sponsored websites
- deliver paid search results
- decelerate the performance of the whole PC system
- steal your financial information like credit card numbers, online login details and passwords etc.
As you see, in reality, it is a browser hijacker or a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and its main motive is to artificially enhance traffic of the sponsored web sites and make a huge profit out of it. Plus, it may violate your freedom and privacy. In addition to that, you may continuously expose your computer to various threats when searching with Search-quick.com. That’s because some of the websites to which is seeks to redirect may be filled with questionable links, installers, sponsored advertisements and similar suspicious content. Therefore, it is strongly recommend you to remove Search-quick.com redirect virus from your computer at once upon detection.
How to effectively remove Search-quick.com virus?
There are two options available to you. You may get rid of this browser infection either manually or automatically. If you decide to remove it automatically, please follow the next steps:
- Download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer
- Update its virus data base
- Perform the full system scam
- Delete all detected items
- enjoy the free web surfing again
The manual removal guide you will find in the section below. The video removal tutorial is at your disposal also.
How could Search-quick.com virus hijack my workstation?
It uses misleading infiltration method, known as bundling. The virus developers may add the installer of Search-quick.com to the installation package of some free programs and do not tell about it. If the users carelessly approach to this question, disregard reading the installation wizard, they may install this absolutely useless tool by default.
How to avoid the further infections?
To avoid such problems as Search-quick.com browser attacker in the future, you should carefully learn all free programs that you are going to install. It is recommended to always select Advanced or Custom installation option and check if it’s filled with additional components or not. If you detect such components as browser add-ons, plug-ins, toolbars and extensions, deselect them for sure since these are the utilities that usually cause numerous problems on web browsers.
Removal tool for Search-quick.com virus
Search-quick.com removal instructions
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer and scan your computer with it.
- Click on “Apply” to remove all infections found after the scan is completed.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button:
- Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes.
Similar adware removal video: