Search.privacy-search.net is a web page where you can enter a search word and find information associated with it. Even though it looks like a good web page, we cannot call it like that because it usually acts as a browser hijacker. In other words, it simply appears in the place of a user’s homepage and search engine without permission. If this has already happened to you, we highly recommend that you remove Search.privacy-search.net from browsers. The reason why you should do that is simple – this search engine might cause harm to the system really quickly. In addition, you might experience privacy-related issues during the time. Luckily, it is possible to prevent this from happening. Of course, you need to delete Search.privacy-search.net from your browsers. You will find out how to do that if you carefully read the article.
First of all, Search.privacy-search.net will replace your regular homepage and search engine. Secondly, it has been observed that it will provide users with various untrustworthy links and advertisements. Of course, this will not happen if you do not use the search engine. Actually, specialists do not recommend using Search.privacy-search.net because these ads and links might redirect to bad web pages if a user clicks on any of them. Not all of these modified search results are bad; however, it is impossible to say which of them are untrustworthy. What is more, we believe that the Search.privacy-search.net removal would be the best decision because this search engine might also record all kinds of details about users, focusing on their browsing history and search queries. There is a small possibility that it will also gather personal information and then will share it with third parties. We are sure that you do not want to risk causing harm to your security and privacy, so we have decided to help you with the Search.privacy-search.net removal process.
There is no doubt that you have not set Search.privacy-search.net yourself. In our opinion, this browser hijacker has slithered onto your computer together with other programs from third-party web pages. These programs might be completely legitimate, e.g. download clients, PDF creators, and video converters. In order not to encounter browser hijackers in the future, you need to stay away from torrents and file-sharing websites. In addition, security specialists highly recommend that you install a security tool on your computer and always keep it there.
Step by step instructions how to remove Search.privacy-search.net virus.
STEP 1. Remove Search.privacy-search.net virus from the system
First of all, Search.privacy-search.net is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Search.privacy-search.net virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Search.privacy-search.net browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Search.privacy-search.net virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Search.privacy-search.net from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Search.privacy-search.net prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Search.privacy-search.net virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.