Search.myway.com is a deceptive search engine that claims to give you more productive search. Unfortunately, it is not true. It was created with only one goal – to make money on you.
Once search.myway.com gets into your system you will see lots of ads on every page you’ve opened. Instead of real search results, you will see a sponsored links that can lead to dangerous sites with trojans and malware. The most unpleasant thing is that search.myway.com tracks all your activity, history, emails, location, passwords and even banking credentials. Do not enter any important information (especially credit card info while search.myway.com is in your system).
Search.myway.com slipped into your system silently along with free software. Usually, victims don’t even notice that additional apps will be installed. We strongly recommend reading Terms of Agreement before installing free games, torrents, weather apps, music apps. To remove this virus right now follow this step-by-step guide.
search.myway.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Myway page from the browser
First of all, search.myway.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by search.myway.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and search.myway.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that search.myway.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Uninstall Myway traces from the system
How to uninstall Myway from PC?
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed search.myway.com!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with search.myway.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.