If the Search Control page has been set as a homepage and a New Tab URL on your Google Chrome browser, it means that a browser extension Search Control has been added to the list of add-ons. Since not much information about this browser extension is available on its official website, users do not immediately understand that the presence of Search Control is a result of the installation of this extension. Of course, not all the people willingly install this extension from its official website. Some of them get it from a file-sharing or a similar dubious third-party website together with free software, so it is not at all surprising that there are people who cannot explain why Search Control is loaded when they open their browsers. If you are one of those users who know nothing about the installation of the Search Control extension, go to remove it today. It is the only way to remove the undesirable search tool from browsers too.
In the opinion of our team of experienced specialists, Search Control extension cannot be called fully reliable also because it is capable of entering computers together with freeware. In other words, it does not need to get permission to enter the computer. Of course, we cannot say that it is installed silently because users are the ones who allow it to enter their PCs by installing a software bundle or clicking on malicious pop-up advertisements they come across on file-sharing and similar third-party websites. Of course, they can get it from its official website too, but we suspect that a number of users are reading this article because they have not installed this browser extension and set Search Control willingly.
Step by step instructions how to remove Search Control virus.
STEP 1. Remove Search Control virus from the browser
First of all, Search Control is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
STEP 2. Remove Search Control virus from the system
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Search Control virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Search Control browser extension!
STEP 3. Search Control prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Search Control virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.