Search.abclauncher.com is classified as a dangerous hijacker browser. It can change the settings of the home page and the new tab even without your permission.The presence of Search.abclauncher.com is obvious all through your online surfing.Like other home page hackers, this adware mostly attacks the browsers of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox.
The usual way to deploy Search.abclauncher.com is to use third-party programs. It comes with an unusual software that is not known to many computer users.However, due to marketing methods and attractive features, many victims are deceived to download free software along with Search.abclauncher.com adware. First, free software is downloaded, and then the adware is installed as a browser extension. If properly configured, Search.abclauncher.com will be displayed on the main page and in the search engine. A new tab of Chrome and Firefox browsers is also initialized to the specified web address, which is, in fact, a dubious search engine.
To make browsing the Internet safer, you need to get rid of this adware.This browser hijacker allows hackers to steal your confidential information. Although cyber-crooks use this data for their marketing scheme, this can lead to the destruction of your privacy and even risk your identity.
Thus, the removal of this adware is the only option to restore privacy and security on the Internet.
Search.abclauncher.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Search.abclauncher.com page from the browser
First of all, Search.abclauncher.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Search.abclauncher.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Search.abclauncher.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Search.abclauncher.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Search.abclauncher.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Search.abclauncher.com!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Search.abclauncher.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.