Today, in our article, we will talk about the topic of Browser Hijackers. Those are a form of PUP (potentially unwanted program) software and as such stand somewhere in between normal and helpful programs and viruses. The reason why we’ve come up with the next few paragraphs is the increased number of recent reports concerning SafeSearches. Safewebsearches.com is one of the latest members of the Browser Hijacker family and here you will learn all you need to know about this type of unwanted programs. One typical trait of Browser Hijackers is that they usually try to install new search engines and toolbars to your Chrome, Firefox, IE or Edge browser without even asking for your permission. This can and usually does ruin the user’s online experience by filling their browser with all sorts of unwanted stuff that obstructs the normal functioning of the program.
Many users are fooled by the way SafeSearches is marketed. Developers of this type of unwanted software want you to think that their products are useful and beneficial for you. Sometimes they might even contain some sort of seemingly helpful feature. However, even if that were true, it would be nothing in comparison to the frustration and annoyance that Browser Hijackers are known to induce. In most cases, the main goal of this sort of applications is the generation of income by exploiting a variety of revenue earning methods that are related to the internet marketing industry.
Most Browser Hijackers are regarded as harmless. Many users might come to the false conclusion that if SafeSearches is on their computer, then they are dealing with some sort of a noxious and dangerous Ransomware or Trojans. As we stated in the beginning of this article, Hijackers are not viruses and though they might sometimes share some similar traits, there is a huge difference between SafeSearches and actual harmful malware like a Trojan horse or a Ransomware. Though SafeSearches (safewebsearches.com) is usually not considered a threat to your system and security, there are more than enough reasons why you should remove it as soon as you find out that it has been installed on your PC. You can learn how to uninstall and fully remove SafeSearches in this article.
SafeSearches hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove SafeSearches page from the browser
First of all, SafeSearches is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by SafeSearches, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and SafeSearches has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that SafeSearches hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove SafeSearches traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed SafeSearches!
Video guide on how to remove SafeSearches from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with SafeSearches in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.