Saerch.net may suddenly appear in your browser instead of Google Search (localized depending on your country),or instead some other decent start page of your choice. So, there will be Saerch.net page set as your default one to be displayed on startup. A lot of people currently are struggling while trying to fix this issue and revert their browsers easily to the initial settings. However, this isn’t a very easy undertaking which would be done just in a few mouse clicks. Irrespective of the number of attempts, Saerch.net appears again and again on the startup.
Saerch.net hijacker and its Saerch.net related page are the problem for all popular browsers. The virus thus injects Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Safari – at least. You will also notice that the home page of your hijacked browser suggests you to click on some sponsored links and advertisement banners titled as ‘View Trending’. It might be OK that you click on these links or ads, however, definitely people are not satisfied with the fact that their browser is now hijacked like that.
Intrusion of Saerch.net browser hijacker occurs when people download and install some free programs into their computer. There are some installers of free utilities which by default may suggest you to download and install a lot of other extra programs, like this specific Search! – Saerch.net. Definitely, you should be more careful not to permit all such unwanted software to be easily enabled. For this goal you need to thoroughly read through the installation guidelines related to free applications you deal with. Be more selective, do not simply click on “Next” or “I agree” buttons, without understanding what you agree with. This is the way for you to prevent Search! – Saerch.net hijacker from becoming the part of your browser. This way of installing free programs will also help you to avoid other PUAs (potentially unwanted applications) from getting into your computer.
Step by step instructions how to remove Saerch.net virus.
STEP 1. Remove Saerch.net virus from the system
First of all, Saerch.net is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Saerch.net virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Saerch.net browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Saerch.net virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Saerch.net from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Saerch.net prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Saerch.net virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.