In a scenario, which countless Internet users are forced into on a daily routine, you have tried launching each of your browsers only to realize they all automatically bring you onto a website you have never ever heard of before. This is the first and most evident symptom of a malware strain which is uniquely designed to attack browsers in order to redirect them to specific Web locations and inject them with excessive amounts of advertising items. These increasingly popular computer contaminants are referred to as browser hijackers, and Roomba-search.com is a textbook example for how they work. There are many browser hijackers all over the Internet, some of them have already infected millions computers all over the world such as Feed.getsportscore.com or Free3dadultgames.com.
There is usually a few issues that browser hijackers like Roomba-search.com may cause. At first, browser hijacker serves as the flagship page, since its design is very clean and simple, featuring mainly only a search field, obviously meant to create a false sense of credibility. At second, most of hijackers are completely swarmed with suspicious advertisements, its main purpose being to generate massive Pay-Per-Click revenue. In a similar manner, Roomba-search.com is comparably overstuffed with risky adverts, however, it is the page where searches are actually redirected to and processed. Unfortunately, the results it returns are completely compromised, fabricated to bring profit, and potentially extremely dangerous to click on..
Following a what has become a tradition for browser hijackers, the malware which is responsible for the continuous forceful redirects to Roomba-search.com is known by the website’s name. The malicious program propagates employing a set of deceptive techniques, and its victims are usually unaware of its invasion until it is successfully and fully completed. As its primary goal is to boost the traffic to its homepage, the unwanted application modifies the default start-up page, new tab and search engine provider settings of Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, assigning them to its URL. Besides manipulating browsers’ configuration and functionality, Roomba-search.com is known to demonstrate adware-like behavior, loading numerous intrusive advertising items such as banners, video ads and pop-ups during each online session. Furthermore, as its creators obviously prefer to enjoy a few alternative monetization sources, the unwanted application is set to track users’ Internet habits, extract system-related information and steal sensitive data such credit cards numbers.
Automatic removal tool for Roomba-search.com:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for Roomba-search.com:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Roomba virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by Roomba-search.com:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: