We have written this article to describe to you the removal process of Windows Vista Repair virus. We are really sorry if your PC got contaminated with Windows Vista Repair scam. The only goal of Windows Vista Repair is to push you into buying its so-called full version, which is as useless as the trial one.
Windows Vista Repair is known to hide your desktop, causing the following problems:
- Making all your files, icons, folders, programs in the Start menu and the desktop entirely hidden (missing)
- Disturbing you with permanent messages about all kinds of problems with your computer, such as HDD missing, driver problems and so on
- Unauthorized startup with every Windows boot, being accompanied with fake system scan and further fake problem report
- Trying to convince you to pay for its full version as a supposed remedy for healing all the above-mentioned problems
- Making your computer work much slower
Then Windows Vista Repair would offer you to buy for its so-called commercial version to have the above-mentioned problems dealt with. Keep in mind that the above-mentioned problems are all caused by Windows Vista Repair itself. If you buy it you are just wasting your hard earned money, because Windows Vista Repair will not be able to repair real problems. You should now delete Windows Vista Repair virus to prevent further destruction of your computer. Windows Vista Repair elimination is similar to that of Windows XP Repair and Windows 7 Repair. Please read these guidelines, watch the video guides and you will find out how to get rid of Windows Vista Repair pest and how to restore your missing files, icons and folders.
In order to restore your missing icons, files and folders you may download the free application from GridinSoft LLC called Unhider and fix the malicious interferences implemented by Windows Vista Repair malware. Please find more detailed information in the video guide below.
Windows Vista Repair automatic remover:
1. Download the latest version of GridinSoft Trojan Killer to clear (not infected) computer and install it.
2. Update the virus database.
3. Copy the entire folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” to your jump drive (memory stick). Normally it is located at the following path: (C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Trojan Killer). “C” stands for the system disk of your computer. The name of the system disk, however, can be marked with another letter.
4. Open your jump drive (memory stick). Find the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” there. Open it , find the file under the name “trojankiller.exe” and rename it to “iexplore.exe”.
5. Move memory stick to infected PC, open “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” folder and run iexplore.exe. Optional: copy the folder “GridinSoft Trojan Killer” from your jump drive to some other folder created on your PC and run “iexplore.exe”.
Windows Vista Repair modifies your file system in such a manner that all files and folders become hidden. In order to remove this “hidden” attribute users may download the application called Unhider from this site http://trojan-killer.net/download/unhider.exe and run it. File and folder system should be restored back to normal mode. In order to restore your desktop theme go to c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\ and remove the file with *.jpg extension. Then reboot your PC.
Windows Vista Repair manual removal guide:
Delete Windows Vista Repair files:
%Desktop%\Windows Vista Repair.lnk
%Programs%\Windows Vista Repair
%Programs%\Windows Vista Repair\Windows Vista Repair.lnk
Delete Windows Vista Repair registry entries: