Search.viewsearch.net is referred to as browser hijacker, which is absolutely correct way of describing its actions. It changes the home page of your browser to start with ViewSearch. It may easily infect Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and possibly some other browsers. Often it is spread together with Chromium open source installer, which in its turn is regularly bundled with many free programs. And when Chromium browser gets installed it will be set automatically as a default one using ViewSearch as a startup page.
Troubles with ViewSearch pop-ups do not occur just as a coincidence in the majority of cases. You could indeed click on some malicious link, yet, most likely your computer is infected with adware. This trouble, by the way, may occur with many browsers, but primarily in Google Chrome and other browsers based on the Chromium open source project.
Surfing the web through ViewSearch hijacker might seem acceptable for some, since the search results will be delivered through Google Search or some other decent search engine. However, this fact does not mean that ViewSearch is fully legitimate. It simply steals search results from Google and presents them as its own ones. Furthermore, the hijacker is actively involved in tracking your browsing habits. It actively collects all the information you submit through it, so it then transfers this information to third parties for various illegal purposes.
Finally, ViewSearch hijacker is dangerous because it may cause your computer to become even more infected with plenty of other malicious utilities. You may end up facing your system to be messed up with tons of other malware samples, so it’s definitely much better to get rid of it right away as soon as possible from the system. Please refer to the removal solution set forth below.
Automatic removal tool for ViewSearch:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for ViewSearch:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with ViewSearch virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by ViewSearch:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: