Search By myMovie is a browser hijacker currently amending settings for many widely used browsers. The hijacker, on the other hand, is absolutely not able to furnish users with any adequate search results. Its main purpose is to display plenty of intrusive advertisement banners in the home page of your hijacked browser and to collect the information about your browsing preferences.
Intrusion of Search By myMovie browser hijacker takes place into computers along with installation of some other cost-free applications. You might find some excellent and free utility and decide to install it right away. However, before you actually proceed, make sure you thoroughly read the details about its installation. You are strongly advised to carefully pay attention to the data contained in th EULAs (End User License Agreements). Typically these documents clearly disclose what other extra programs you might be suggested to install into your PC along with the initial free software of your selection. If you read about Search By myMovie as some third-party offer, make sure you immediately switch to the advanced or custom installation mode to prevent any of such unwanted installations to take place. It is surely a regret to admit that some users fail to be careful and still install Search By myMovie into their PCs. Based on the information from Alexa, this hijacker is quite widely spread right now in many countries.
To get rid of Search By myMovie virus please carefully follow the removal guidelines set forth in the remainder of this guide. You will need to scan your PC with a proven anti-spyware, remove all detected infections and to reset your browsers with its help. In case you need any additional assistance, please feel free to contact us without hesitation.
We suggest that you get rid of Search By myMovie virus from your PC by thoroughly scanning the system with a proven virus removal application. You will need to delete the infections it finds and to reset your browsers as demonstrated in the tutorial below.
Automatic removal tool for Search By myMovie:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for Search By myMovie:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Search By myMovie virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by Search By myMovie:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: