ext.discretesearch.site is annoying adware. It shows all sorts of online advertisement everytime you open the browser. So if you infected by ext.discretesearch.the site you definitely want to know how to delete it. This guide will help you.
ext.discretesearch.site adware program is installed on your PC accidentally. Usually, it comes bundles with free software, that you downloaded lately. It is very annoying for all users to have these annoying ads and pop-ups whenever they go online. Moreover, it can be very dangerous to your PC. It can track your browser activity to propose you the most interesting ads. But do not click on them! It can harm your vulnerable system even more.
So you need to get rid of ext.discretesearch.site from your PC as soon as possible. Remember, that if your browser infected by ext.discretesearch.site pop-ups it means that your anti-malware is not doing its job properly and you need to reconsider your choice in a software. Follow this guide to remove it now.
ext.discretesearch.site hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove ext.discretesearch.site page from the browser
First of all, ext.discretesearch.site is a browser hijackers, like many others (such as Onclkds.com, offers.boumio.com, hao.360.cn etc.). So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by ext.discretesearch.site, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and ext.discretesearch.site has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that ext.discretesearch.site hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove ext.discretesearch.site traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed ext.discretesearch.site!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with ext.discretesearch.site in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.