ZinkWink is search engine users find set on all their browsers after installing the browser extension associated with it from the web. In some cases, it does not ask permission to enter computers, which is why it is considered to be a browser hijacker by many specialists. If you have also discovered ZinkWink in the place of your default search tool and homepage, your job is to go to remove zinkwink.com immediately. Let’s find out what specialists have to say about zinkwink.com. If, after reading this report, you still want to keep zinkwink.com installed, we will let you do that.
Cyber criminals have created zinkwink.com not to help users search the web anonymously, as it might seem after reading the information on the official website of this search provider. Undoubtedly, this has been done to make money illegally through online advertising, so do not become very surprised when all kinds of ads show up on your screen when using zinkwink.com. The presence of ads is not dangerous itself, but all kinds of problems might quickly arise if you click on them. This might happen because they can quickly cause a redirection to an untrustworthy website. Of course, zinkwink.com will not be responsible for any damage malicious software promoted on these websites might cause. In addition, nobody is going to protect your privacy there, so if you are redirected to a website which gathers personal information about users, cyber criminals will get the information they need from you quite easily. To make sure that there are no chances of ending up on corrupted pages, go to uninstall zinkwink.com today. You will not regret getting rid of this suspicious website, we can assure you, because it does not seem that it is going to make it possible for users search the web anonymously, as it promises.
zinkwink.com has been set on all your browsers after the installation of the browser extension related to it. Even though it has an official website where users can download it freely from, it does not seem that many users get the extension promoting zinkwink.com from there. In most cases, they download it from untrustworthy websites together with free applications like torrent clients, video players, file converters, photo editing software, etc. Forget dubious third-party websites if you want to have a clean system. It is also highly recommended to go to install a legitimate security application after you delete zinkwink.com fully.
Step by step instructions how to remove zinkwink.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove zinkwink.com virus from the system
First of all, zinkwink.com is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove zinkwink.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying zinkwink.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove zinkwink.com virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove zinkwink.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. zinkwink.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with zinkwink.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.