Zinkseek.com or zinkseek is a home page hijacker and redirect that is connected to adware. It was designed to occupy your default search engine and new tab as well. The presence of this adware is very evident with Zinkseek.com search bar assigned to your browser’s home page. In some instances, home page remains as it is, but when you start to search the web, browser is redirected to Zinkseek.com search result. Behavior of Zinkseek.com when running on the computer is minimal. In fact, only affected browser will uncover the infection. Nonetheless, it is still safer to be online without the presence of this adware.
Freeware are accountable for the deployment of Zinkseek.com browser hijacker. These are widespread programs masquerading as software patch, free games, download tools, and many more. Bundling is the right term to describe how a bunch of adware is packed into one file. In other words, downloading and installing freeware similarly giving Zinkseek.com an access to your computer.
Most experts in computer security do not consider Zinkseek.com as a virus. Instead, it was position to be in potentially unwanted program (PUP) group. It does not have a mechanism in which it spreads and infects other files. Zinkseek.com is limited only to affix itself on the browser. Another focus of this adware is to serve advertisements and be money making software.
Once running on the computer, home page is assigned to use Zinkseek.com as default search bar. Search engine is also dominated by this adware. The difference between legitimate search engine and Zinkseek.com is very obvious. Unwanted search produces search results that are polluted with referral links. This is part of their advertising scheme. It forces users to visit website of its clients, an equivalent of referral traffic.
Automatic removal tool for Zinkseek.com:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for Zinkseek.com:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with zinkseek virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by Zinkseek.com:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: