Yokeline.com is a new computer infection which is fairly considered by many anti-virus blogs as a browser hijacker. And such classification is definitely correct since the infection modifies the default homepage and search engine settings of all attacked browsers. If people are used surfing the web through Google home page (such as google.com or some other local page), the hijacker will modify the home page, to begin with this virus page instead.
On the other hand, search results submitted forcefully through Yokeline.com hijacker will be delivered by Google Custom Search. However, this does not mean that Google company has anything to do with the fact that your browser is now hijacked. There are cyber frauds who have certain malicious plans regarding your computer and specifically regarding your browser, so they have hijacked it. First of all, the main purpose of the hijacker is to display advertisement banners on the home page of the hijacked browser. This would generate profit for those people who own this hijacker. Of course, advertisement today is the part of practically any website, however, it is not really fair when some people try to hijack browsers without user’s permission. This is exactly what happens when Yokeline.com injects the targeted PC.
Unfortunately, sometimes an intrusion of Yokeline.com hijacker is the fault of people who fail to be duly careful. Installation of the infection generally takes place when people download and install some cost-free programs. Installers of these free applications are often integrated with other totally useless programs, for example, adware, browser modifiers, PUPs (potentially unwanted programs), etc. However, penetration of Yokeline.com malware also is the result of a poor level of protection on the part of your existing anti-spyware software (if it is installed).
Step by step instructions how to remove Yokeline.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove Yokeline.com virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Yokeline.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Yokeline.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Yokeline.com virus from your browser
First of all, Yokeline.com is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Yokeline.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Yokeline.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Yokeline.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.