If you notice Yokelead.com in your web browser, most likely, you have the malicious code installed. Hence, your home page is hijacked to Yokelead.com. It is a modern add-on for the internet browser. Generally, it may be installed without your knowledge. Thus, one day you may open your web browser (IE, Chrome, FireFox) and detect that regular settings are modified. The hijacker manipulates for its own good.
So, you must understand that Yokelead.com program is not a legit search engine. The developers of this unwanted software intend to mislead active internet surfers to make money. Yokelead.com will display irrelevant information to redirect you to commercial web pages. Worst of all, similar pages may contain suspicious content. Thus, your system may be infected more severe viruses.
Also, you need to be careful when you download a new application. Today, many programs contain additional software, such as the Yokelead.com virus. The way is called as bundling. Very often users may skip the EULA. Thus, they may consent to install extra software. In order to avoid such mistake, you need to select the Custom installation mode and always read the EULA.
Step by step instructions how to remove Yokelead.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove Yokelead.com virus from the system
First of all, Yokelead.com is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Yokelead.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Yokelead.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Yokelead.com virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Yokelead.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Yokelead.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Yokelead.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.