Xaarky is a deceptive website presented as a useful Internet search engine. It should return Yahoo! search results and let users access their favorite websites very quickly, but, despite the appearance of a legitimate search provider it has, it is a typical browser hijacker, so users should expect nothing from it and go to delete Xaarky as soon as possible. Keeping untrustworthy search tools set and using them to search the web is a risky activity which might even result in the entrance of malicious applications.
They do not download malware on users’ computers themselves, but they are known to be able to redirect users to pages which contain all kinds of malicious applications, from adware to Trojans. The same can be said about Xaarky too, so the sooner the Xaarky removal is implemented, the better. The detailed information about this dubious Internet search engine and its deletion can be found in the paragraphs that follow. All you need to do is to read them to get some knowledge.
Once browsers are hijacked by the browser hijacker promoting Xaarky, this website is set as a homepage and default search engine on all browsers. It will work like an ordinary search provider, i.e. it will really show the search results page to users; however, it does not mean that it can be trusted fully. The main reason Xaarky is said to be an untrustworthy search engine is the presence of commercial advertisements. They usually look like ordinary search results, but the truth is that they are only used to generate revenue for the author. Actually, it might be true that Xaarky has only been developed to distribute these commercial advertisements. Users who click on these ads (unfortunately, almost all users click on them sooner or later if they use Xaarky) risk ending up on corrupted websites with malicious applications and causing harm to their computers. If you do not want to be one of those users who allow malware to enter their PCs, go to uninstall Xaarky as soon as possible.
Step by step instructions how to remove Xaarky virus.
STEP 1. Remove Xaarky virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Xaarky virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Xaarky browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Xaarky virus from your browser
First of all, Xaarky is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Xaarky from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Xaarky prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Xaarky virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.