World of Physics does not come out of the blue. Its presence on browsers is the result of the installation of a suspicious browser extension. This add-on is compatible with Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome; however, Mozilla Firefox blocks it, so users see changes applied on one of their browsers, i.e. Google Chrome only. More specifically, this search tool changes a homepage and a New Tab URL on this browser, so it does not take long for users to notice the modifications.
Actually, some people do not find these changes surprising at all because they willingly download and install the extension from its official website. Of course, not all the users are glad to see that World of Physics has occupied their browsers. In the humble opinion of our researchers, users should go to eliminate the World of Physics browser extension and the search engine it promotes no matter they have installed it willingly or not. First of all, our IT guys have immediately understood that World of Physics extension is not as beneficial as it claims to be. Unfortunately, this piece of software does not exactly do what it says, so a number of users get disappointed after its installation and, consequently, decide to eliminate it. We cannot blame those users because all this add-on does is set a new website World of Physics, which looks like a legitimate search provider, as a homepage and New Tab.
Generally speaking, this extension is, basically, useless because all pages could be opened without its help too. Also, many users find the presence of a new search tool World of Physics set on their browsers quite irritating. To make it gone, delete World of Physics extension. Actually, users should erase this search tool not only because they find it annoying, but also to protect their systems from dangers the use of World of Physics might pose.
Automatic removal tool for World of Physics:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for World of Physics:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with World of Physics virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by World of Physics:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: