How to remove Websrch.net Redirect
Websrch.net is considered as dangerous browser hijacker. It replaces your home page and new tab without seeking for permission. For this action, it was tagged as potentially unwanted program (PUP). In other terms, it is known as potentially unwanted program, adware, or redirect malware.
Once installed, Websrch.net modifies your DNS settings and hijacks main browsers, such as Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. That results in continuous redirections to the domain Websrch.net. It collects all information about victims activity, logs every website you visit. All gathered data is sent to marketing companies or cyber criminals.
Usually Websrch.net spreads via third-party application. It comes with programs not known to many. However, due to the marketing technique used by malware authors, many victims are enticed to download freeware bundled with this virus. It gets installed into the computer as an add-on/extension. Once configured properly, it changes the default home page and search engine. New Tabs of Chrome and Firefox also start with a dangerous web page, which is actually an unwanted search engine.
Automatic removal tool for Websrch.net:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for Websrch.net:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Websrch virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by Websrch.net:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: