Website Che is a dubious Google Chrome extension that supposedly makes your browsing experience better by allowing you to customise your homepage. It’s also considered to be a browser hijacker. While you may find that useful, you should also be aware that it will expose you to advertisements and sponsored content. This can be highly annoying, especially if you did not choose to install the hijacker.
And that can happen if you regularly install freeware and do not pay attention to how you do it. If you find a program on your computer and you do not remember installing it, get rid of it! Never trust anything that come into your computer unauthorised. Otherwise, you are putting your computer in danger. A hijacker is not a dangerous infection and it will not harm your computer itself but it may be able to expose you to unsafe content, which could lead to a malware infection. We strongly suggest you delete Website Che straight away.
Browser hijackers use the bundling method to infect computers and that means they are attached to free software as additional items that you can choose to not install. However, since they are set to install alongside, you need to manually deselect them to prevent installation. Thankfully, that can easily be done in Advanced or Custom settings of the freeware installation. When you choose those settings, you will see that certain items have been added to the program. If there is something, just uncheck the boxes and you can then proceed to install the freeware. If you realise that you have already installed it, you should remove Website Che.
Website Che hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Website Che virus from the browser
First of all, Website Che is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Website Che, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Website Che has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Website Che hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Website Che traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Website Che!
Video guide on how to remove Website Che from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Website Che in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.