Vista Total Security. Removal instructions
We’ve written this article to assist users in removal of all similar viruses that have “Vista Total Security” component in their names. There’s a serious virus in the web today that produces various examples of fake anti-malware applications depending on the type of the operating system installed on the attacked computer. Hence, with Windows Vista installed, there can be various variations of a really similar scareware. All of them will begin with “Vista Total Security” word combination. Such programs are malicious because they report fake infections that don’t really dwell on your system. Their removal is the only correct and logical step that you should undertake.
We can distinguish the following variations of the same virus that has “Vista Total Security” component in them:
- Vista Total Security
- Vista Total Security 2011
- Vista Total Security 2012
- Vista Total Security 2013
- Vista Total Security Pro 2013
- Vista Total Security Plus 2013
In fact, there can be some other modifications of which we don’t know yet. Hackers are permanently developing malicious applications in order to trick and scare simple and trusting users all over the world. This particular virus enters computers when nobody expect such things to happen. Of course, this is a very unpleasant event when you suddenly see this fake anti-spyware program on your PC, considering the fact that you’ve never actually participated in the very installation process. Whatever the case might be, Vista Total Security scam immediately appears on your PC and begins to run the faulty scan of your PC (the imitated scanning). Soon the fake report about various infections is given by this scam. No doubt, you shouldn’t trust any information contained in it!
Vista Total Security cannot render the desired and promised security for your machine. This scam has in mind to convince trusting and simple PC users to buy its fake and helpless license, which isn’t really able to remove real security threats. Thus, please do not purchase the registration key of this scam. Doing so is a serious mistake on your part, and we hope that you will never commit it.
Removal of Vista Total Security scam (and many others of its versions) is the only logical step that you should undertake. Please therefore follow the removal guidelines below that will help you get rid of this scam with the help of GridinSoft Trojan Killer – the powerful anti-malware application in your anti-virus toolkit.
Examples of fake security alerts and popups originated by Vista Total Security scam:
Rogue malware detected in your system. Data leaks and system damage are possible. Click here for a free security scan and spyware deletion.
Privacy threat! Spyware intrusion detected. Your system is infected. System integrity is at risk. Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords. Click here to perform a security repair.
Severe system damage!
Spyware and viruses detected in the background. Sensitive system components under attack! Data loss, identity theft and system corruption are possible. Act now, click here for a free security scan.
Your system security is in danger. Privacy threats detected. Spyware, keyloggers or Trojans may be working in the background right now. Perform an in-depth scan and removal now, click here.
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan.
Security alert! Your computer was found to be infected with privacy-threatening software. Private data may get stolen and system damage may be severe. Recover your PC from the infection right now, perform a security scan.
System security was found to be compromised. Your computer is now infected. Attention, irreversible system changes may occur. Private data may get stolen. Click here now for an instant anti-virus scan.
Vista Total Security virus similar removal video:
Vista Total Security step-by-step removal instructions from GridinSoft Trojan Killer anti-virus Lab
Run GridinSoft Trojan Killer. Click Win+R and type the direct link for the program’s downloading.
If it does not work, download GridinSoft Trojan Killer from another uninfected machine and transfer it with the help of a flash drive.
Install GridinSoft Trojan Killer. Right click – Run as administrator.
Don’t uncheck the Start Trojan Killer checkbox at the end of installation!
Manual removal guide of Vista Total Security virus:
Delete Vista Total Security files:
Delete Vista Total Security registry entries:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\ [rnd_0]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\Content Type application/x-msdownload
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\DefaultIcon\ %1
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\open\command\ “[rnd_1].exe” -a “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\open\command\IsolatedCommand “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\runas\command\ “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\runas\command\IsolatedCommand “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\[rnd_0]\ Application
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\[rnd_0]\Content Type application/x-msdownload
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\[rnd_0]\DefaultIcon\ %1
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\[rnd_0]\shell\open\command\ “[rnd_1].exe” -a “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\[rnd_0]\shell\open\command\IsolatedCommand “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\[rnd_0]\shell\runas\command\ “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\[rnd_0]\shell\runas\command\IsolatedCommand “%1″ %*