Video Game Area ads are caused by an adware program on your computer. Adware is not a malicious computer virus but you will quickly grow tired of it because it will generate huge amounts of advertisements. It’s not only annoying but your computer will also slow down. If you have recently installed freeware, that is how you must have obtained the adware.
It’s highly doubtful that you installed it knowing what it is, so via freeware is the most plausible option. Adware itself is not malicious but it it might be able to expose you to malicious content if you are not careful so it’s best you avoid its adverts. In general, engaging with adverts while adware is on your system could lead to serious damage as you could end up being exposed to malware. This is why you need to delete Video Game Area ads.
The most probable way you got it was via free software bundles. It must have been attached to freeware as an extra offer and you did not notice it when installing freeware. When you install any kind of program, you need to use Advanced or Custom settings if you want to avoid unwanted installations. Those settings will allow you to see what has been added and if there is anything, you will be able to deselect all. If you deselect all the boxes, which we highly recommend you do, you should be able to avoid plenty of unwanted installations. And you will not have to uninstall Video Game Area ads or similar later on.
Video Game Area hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Video Game Area virus from the browser
First of all, Video Game Area is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Video Game Area, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Video Game Area has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Video Game Area hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Video Game Area traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Video Game Area!
Video guide on how to remove Video Game Area from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Video Game Area in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.