According to the developers, Unstops.biz allows users to access various websites prohibited in their own countries. This add-on also will display many deals and offers with lower price, so you can buy what you want with a lower price. But of course, this add-on want to trick you with false promises about its functionality. Actually Unstops.biz is another adware and potentially unwanted program (pup) what can be installed stealthily and will transfer your browser activity (IP addresses, Internet service provider, browsing details (websites visited, pages viewed, search queries, etc.) to the third parties. Sad part is that Unstops.biz “Compatible with any browser’ and will infect all browsers on your computer like Google Chrome, Edge, Mozila, Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer, so you will see this annoying virus no matter what browser you use. In additional it will track your browsing activity and transfer all data to the third parties and also will display millions online ads to you.
Adware like Unstops.biz can be installed with other freeware what you get from the Internet. If you saw Unstops.biz on your computer be ready that you have more the one virus on your computer. One simple rule can protect your computer from virus attack in the future. So after successfully installation of Unstops.biz it begins to show many ads, like banners, coupons or pop-ups every time you use your browser. As I said before not all this ad will redirect you to the online shop, most of them will send you to malicious site when you click on it. So we highly recommend to avoid such ad. In additional Unstops.biz will steal your browser activity (IP addresses, Internet service provider, browsing details (websites visited, pages viewed, search queries, etc.) and use this data to create more specific ads for you. Never trust to random annoying ads or you can lose your system. If you notice and from Unstops.biz you should act quickly and remove it. This is the only way how to make your computer safe and protect your personal information.
Unstops.biz hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Unstops.biz virus from the browser
First of all, Unstops.biz is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Unstops.biz, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Unstops.biz has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Unstops.biz hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Unstops.biz traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Unstops.biz!
Video guide on how to remove Unstops.biz from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Unstops.biz in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.