ufirstpage.com is a browser hijacker currently attacking the wide range of computers. The hijacker specifically targets browsers Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Plus, Microsoft Edge is not an exception and may be vulnerable as well. ufirstpage.com causes may problems for users who are used to browsing the web through legitimate search engines.
ufirstpage.com typically gets into PCs together with many other free programs which users download from some online resources. Regretfully, not so many of them carefully read the instructions of the setup wizards of such programs. This is how potentially unwanted programs like ufirstpage.com hijacker and many other malwares get into computers.
The problem with ufirstpage.com is not in displaying paid ads as mentioned above. There’s nothing wrong with online marketing which functions fairly. It all comes down to the method of installation of this browser hijacker into computers. From the example of qvo6.com and its manner of infiltrating into PC we can report of illegal or partially legal installation methods applied by it. Well, ufirstpage.com and simply qone8.com hijackers are developed in a manner which is similar to qvo6.com. The most possible way for ufirstpage.com to be implanted into browser is when this hijacker is bundled with many freeware programs users download online and install subsequently. The setup wizards of such freeware utilities indeed indicate about installation of such extras bundled with the initial program, yet this is often done in quite a concealed or hidden manner. In other words, the wizard does mention installation of ufirstpage.com hijacker into your default browser, however, this is often mentioned in small letters or in the section which is poorly visible by user. As a result of clicking “Next” buttons all them time users are quite surprised to encounter ufirstpage.com whenever they open each new tab of their browser. Plus, this system is now set as the search engine of it.
How to remove ufirstpage.com hijacker?
ufirstpage.com additionally plays the role of spyware in your browser. It regularly tracks your browsing habits and transfers this information to third parties for various illegal purposes. Most likely this has to do with subsequent virus and malware distribution. We therefore strongly advise that you delete this hasty hijacker immediately by thoroughly scanning the PC with a proven virus removal software named GridinSoft Anti-Malware. You will need to remove all the infections it finds and to reset your browsers with its help as explained below.
Removal instruction for ufirstpage.com hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Scan your computer
Video explains how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with ufirstpage.com virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!