TransitSimplified is a malicious application developed by Mindspark Interactive Network. Developers claim that Transit Simplified provides access to various maps, public transport schedules and enables other similar features. This add-on wants to trick you with false promises about its functionality. Actually Transit Simplified is another adware and potentially unwanted program (pup) what can be installed stealthily and will transfer your browser activity (IP addresses, Internet service provider, browsing details (websites visited, pages viewed, search queries, etc.) to the third parties. The Sad part is that Transit Simplified “Compatible with any browser’ and will infect all browsers on your computer like Google Chrome, Edge, Mozila, Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer, so you will see this annoying virus no matter what browser you use. This means that you can lose some of your personal information and someone can use it against you.
Adware like Transit Simplified often installs with other freeware (free software) what you download from the suspicious sites. Never skip the installation process of free apps, or you will definitely find that a lot more programs were installed. In ‘Advanced’ option you can find what exactly will be installed on your computer or even cancel unwanted installation. This simple rule can easily save your PC from virus attack in the future. After Transit Simplified become part of your system it begins to display a huge amount of online ads such as pop-ups, banners, and coupons every time you use your browser. Try to avoid this ad, because if you click on it, you can be redirected to a malicious site where your computer can be infected with new viruses. Also, Transit Simplified can steal some your private information and transfer it to the third parties. It’s become real trouble when creators of this adware get all your logins and passwords what you save in your browser. If you want to protect your personal information and your PC you should remove Transit Simplified after you notice it for the first time! Don’t ignore apps what was installed without your notification!
Transit Simplified hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Transit Simplified virus from the browser
First of all, Transit Simplified is a browser hijacker, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Transit Simplified, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Transit Simplified has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Transit Simplified hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Transit Simplified traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Transit Simplified!
Video guide on how to remove TransitSimplified from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with TransitSimplified in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.