Total Deal Search is a browser app what was created to help users with shopping online by displaying many coupons, sales, offers and deals, so user can easily buy that he need with lower price. This app will display the best price on different things, so user can choose what he need, compare prices and buy the item with lower price. In addition, this app will change your default search engine so you will see its own site and will receive additional ads every time using it. It can be a good and useful add-on, but Total Deal Search classified as a potentially unwanted program (pup) and adware, what can appear on your computer without any notification and make some changes in your browsers (Opera, Mozial, Google Chrome, Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer and other. In additional Total Deal Search can get your browser activity and transfer it to the third parties. This app has similar threat and option as another widespread viruses such as KuaiZip.exe and WinThruster
Total Deal Search can be installed as a bundle with some freeware what you download and install from the suspicious sites. Never skip the installation process of free apps, or you will definitely find that a lot more programs was installed. This simple stem will protect you from virus attack in the future. After Total Deal Search successfully installed on your computer, you will see many online ads every time you go online. We highly recommend to avoid ads what randomly appear on your computer. If you want to protect your personal information and your PC you should remove Total Deal Search after you notice it for the first time! Don’t ignore apps what was installed without your notification!
Total Deal Search hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Total Deal Search virus from the browser
First of all, Total Deal Search is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Total Deal Search, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Total Deal Search has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Total Deal Search hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 1. Remove Total Deal Search traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Total Deal Search!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Total Deal Search in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.