SuperExSuperEx is app what going to help user save money and time while shopping online. This add-on will display many deals and offers with lower price, so you can buy what you want with a lower price. But of course, this add-on want to trick you with false promises about its functionality. Actually SuperEx is another adware and potentially unwanted program (pup) what can be installed stealthily and will transfer your browser activity (IP addresses, Internet service provider, browsing details (websites visited, pages viewed, search queries, etc.) to the third parties. Sad part is that SuperEx “Compatible with any browser’ and will infect all browsers on your computer like Google Chrome, Edge, Mozila, Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer, so you will see this annoying virus no matter what browser you use. If you want to save your personal information you should follow the guide below and remove it.
SuperEx can be installed as a bundle with some freeware what you download and install from the suspicious sites. Always check what you are going to install and never allow to freeware to install with “Custom’ options. The Simple rule what will save your PC from the future virus attack. So after SuperEx becomes part of your system you will find many online ads (pop-ups, banners, coupons) in your browser every time you go online. All this ad is really dangerous, so try to avoid them no matter what they offer. Almost all of them will redirect you to a malicious site where your computer will be bombarded with new viruses. If you notice and from SuperEx you should act quickly and remove it. This is the only way how to make your computer safe and protect your personal information.
SuperEx hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove SuperEx virus from the browser
First of all, SuperEx is a browser hijackers, like many others (such as Onclkds.com, offers.boumio.com, hao.360.cn etc.). So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by SuperEx, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and SuperEx has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that SuperEx hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 1. Remove SuperEx traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed SuperEx!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with SuperEx in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.