Redirecting to Startwebsearch.com is the prime sign that your computer is hitting by adware. It may mimic the looks and features of real search engine, but it works weird indeed. Take note that this malware is capable of much more than changing the browser settings.
Startwebsearch.com may give you a rough time while surfing the web. This malware lets your Web browser out of control. Unwanted redirects and tons of ads are the main things that will disrupt your online browsing. Even worse, Startwebsearch.com may lead to deeper issues like exposing your computer to adware, virus, and other online threats. All in all, its presence just places your PC at high risk and makes your system be in poor performance.
Most computer users who obtained Startwebsearch.com did not request it at all. In extreme manner, it attacks your Web browser. There are diverse reasons why users get trick by Startwebsearch.com. This malware uses free downloads, fake software updates, malicious email attachment, and more to widely transmit it. You must address this problem as soon as you detect Startwebsearch. Login details stored within your browser can be stolen. Online queries, IP address, and even personal identities can be stolen too while users are trustingly using this non-secure web site. Mind you that the sooner you remove this malware, the safer it will be for your machine. To computer users who are dealing with Startwebsearch, we highly suggest to remove it. By stopping this adware from exploiting your machine is the only way you can save your system from viruses and other cyber attack.
startwebsearch.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove startwebsearch.com page from the browser
First of all, startwebsearch.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by startwebsearch.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and startwebsearch.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that startwebsearch.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove startwebsearch.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed startwebsearch.com!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with startwebsearch.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.