The Searchzweb.com browser hijacker is bundled with certain free software in the category of Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP’s). Searchzweb.com is considered a browser hijacker because it changes the default homepage and a search engine of Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome without your permission. Furthermore, This kind of browser hijackers can also change the default target of the browser shortcuts, which ensures that the browser will always open with the Searchzweb.com browser hijacker.
As already mentioned, this type of browser hijackers is bundled with free software downloaded from Softonic, Cnet, Brothersoft and similar download sites. While installing certain free programs that may contain additional adware like the Searchzweb.com browser hijacker, it is important that you pay attention to the End User License Agreements (EULA), and the installation procedure. When you have the possibility of a Custom or Advanced installation option, it is a good idea to select these as they will typically disclose what other (unwanted) software will also be installed.
When the Searchzweb.com browser hijacker is installed on your computer without your knowledge, it is not easy to remove. Unfortunately, there is no Uninstall Programs entry that uninstalls Searchzweb.com from your computer. In this case, you need to use the specialized tools found in this removal guide to clean up your computer. To remove this browser hijacker from your computer and clean the affected shortcuts of the installed browsers, please use the Searchzweb.com removal guide below.
Automatic removal tool for Searchzweb.com:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for Searchzweb.com:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Searchzweb virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by Searchzweb.com:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: