A potentially unwanted type of software called searchinme.com virus is the probable reason of you landing on our removal guide. If you have recently noticed some undesired changes that have taken place in your browser of choice, then the most probable source of them is a browser hijacker. What this software is and what it can do to your computer is what we are going to talk about in the next lines.
The main purpose that programs like searchinme.com have been programmed for is to expose users to various sponsored web pages, advertisements, pop-ups, and banners. Basically, browser hijackers serve as online advertising tools that the marketing industry is using to promote different services, products, offers and sales. The deal with these pieces of software is that they generate money for their developers by displaying such sponsored ads and getting the users click on them. This is better known as the Pay-Per-Click scheme and many developers are using it to earn from the clicks on the ads that programs like searchinme.com display. That’s why they try to flood the user’s screen with as many sponsored messages as possible.
Infected with searchinme.com, users may find its activity quite irritating, and more so since it may heavily interrupt their normal browsing and prevent them to search the web and reach the desired web locations. The constant page redirects may often lead them to unknown or even insecure web locations where threats like Trojans or Ransomware may be lurking. Numerous popping tabs, banners, links and messages may interrupt the work of the browser and cause lags and screen freezing. On top of that, the hijacker may track the user’s online activity and try to match their latest searches with some more nagging ads. What is even more irritating is that, unfortunately, with these programs, there is no quick and easy option to remove the flow of ads, that’s why the only permanent solution is to completely uninstall searchinme.com.
Step by step instructions how to remove searchinme.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove searchinme.com virus from the system
First of all, searchinme.com is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove searchinme.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying searchinme.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove searchinme.com virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove searchinme.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. searchinme.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with searchinme.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.