Searchfff.com is a malicious domain name related to operation of a new browser hijacker. Currently it is widely spread in the Internet and the degree of its distribution grows by leaps and bounds. If you have discovered that your browser is stuck with Searchfff.com and you cannot get rid of it, then follow this removal guide. You’ve come to the right place that will help you to get rid of it.
Generally speaking, Searchfff.com is not a malware, but it is not a good application either. The hijacker plays the role of adware and spyware in your computer. As adware it displays a lot of intrusive advertisement banners in the home page of your hijacked browser. Additionally, it may show some sponsored links along with those pseudo search results delivered by it. And as spyware, Searchfff.com regularly tracks your browsing habits and even transmits this absolutely private information to third parties. As you see, Searchfff.com is not as good at its developers claim it is. They say that their product renders some superb services as far as finding the relevant information is concerned. But in reality their website is absolutely good for nothing. Furthermore, it causes much damage to you and your personal information as we have already explained above.
Searchfff.com might invade all widely used browsers today, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Many people claim that they do not remember installing the hijacker directly. Still, they keep wondering how in the world it could appear in the home page of their browsers. Definitely, this is a good question. Please be aware that many hijackers and adware samples today are spread in the web along with some other cost-free applications. If you occasionally or regulary prefer to deal with some free programs, make sure you always carefully read what else you are suggested to make the part of your PC in addition to the main initial program of your choice. Doing so will help you to prevent any unwanted stuff from penetrating into your PC.
Step by step instructions how to remove Searchfff.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove Searchfff.com virus from the browser
First of all, Searchfff.com is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
STEP 2. Remove Searchfff.com virus from the system
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Searchfff.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Searchfff.com browser extension!
STEP 3. Searchfff.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Searchfff.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.