The SearchBee.net browser hijacker is bundled with certain free software in the category of Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP’s). SearchBee.net is considered a browser hijacker because it changes the default homepage and a search engine of Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome without your permission. Furthermore, This kind of browser hijackers can also change the default target of the browser shortcuts, which ensures that the browser will always open with the SearchBee.net browser hijacker.
As already mentioned, this type of browser hijackers is bundled with free software downloaded from Softonic, Cnet, Brothersoft and similar download sites. While installing certain free programs that may contain additional adware like the SearchBee.net browser hijacker, it is important that you pay attention to the End User License Agreements (EULA), and the installation procedure. When you have the possibility of a Custom or Advanced installation option, it is a good idea to select these as they will typically disclose what other (unwanted) software will also be installed.
When the SearchBee.net browser hijacker is installed on your computer without your knowledge, it is not easy to remove. Unfortunately, there is no Uninstall Programs entry that uninstalls SearchBee.net from your computer. In this case, you need to use the specialized tools found in this removal guide to clean up your computer. To remove this browser hijacker from your computer and clean the affected shortcuts of the installed browsers, please use the SearchBee.net removal guide below.
Step by step instructions how to remove SearchBee.net virus.
STEP 1. Remove SearchBee.net virus from the system
First of all, SearchBee.net is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove SearchBee.net virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying SearchBee.net browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove SearchBee.net virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove SearchBee.net from your system completaly:
STEP 3. SearchBee.net prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with SearchBee.net virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.