searchassist.net is a browser hijacker that can alter your preferences without your permission. It can replace your home page and cause other unwanted modifications like inserting ads into your browsers, causing redirects, tracking your cookies, and so on. Although these may seem like minor inconveniences, they certainly lower the quality of your online surfing. Worse than that, the hijacker also exposes you to unsafe content. If you wish to improve your online security, we suggest that you get rid of searchassist.net right away.
The main symptom of the hijacker is that it alters your browser settings. This includes modifying your home page and default search provider. Both of these settings are set to searchassist.net. The website itself may not seem suspicious to you, but once it starts presenting you with sponsored data you will realize the it is not trustworthy. In addition to altered settings, you will also have to deal with never-ending ads. You will see advertisements on all sites that you go to regardless of their content. Please note that none of the adverts are checked by anyone before they are shown to you, so you could be exposed to false advertising. If you wish to avoid falling for an online scam, you should eliminate searchassist.net from your browsers immediately.
Just like any other browser hijacker, searchassist.net travels online with the help of free software bundles. When you install freeware, you agree to adding more programs to your PC, if you do not pay attention to the installation wizard. You can always opt out of installing the potentially unwanted apps, however, to do so you have to choose the Advanced installation mode and decline all optional offers. Make sure that you do the next time you install freeware as there is nothing useful about having unnecessary programs on your computer.
Step by step instructions how to remove searchassist.net virus.
STEP 1. Remove searchassist.net virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove searchassist.net virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying searchassist.net browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove searchassist.net virus from your browser
First of all, searchassist.net is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove searchassist.net from your system completaly:
STEP 3. searchassist.net prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with searchassist.net virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.