There are many freeware and shareware programs these days which by default install a lot of other extras in addition to initial program of your choice. This is how home.tb.ask.com may be installed as the home page of your browser with search.tb.ask.com as the search engine. For those of you who are happy with your browser hijacked like this you may ignore this article. Yet, there are many users today who don’t like their search queries being permanently redirected through this site. If you are one of them please follow the instructions below on how to get rid of it.
The reason why Ask.com toolbar is installed through bundled software downloads and subsequent installation is because its owhers earn pretty good money through advertisement placed together with the search resutls. But the sad thing is that very search experience is often quite slow because of browser being hijacked. It is worthy to be mentioned that all major browsers may be hijacked like this, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and many others.
If you don’t like your search engine being permanently redirected through search.tb.ask.com then it’s time for you to uninstall this Toolbar. You may do it automatically by running GridinSoft Trojan Killer. Of course, Ask.com toolbar isn’t a trojan or malware. Yet, if you are not happy with browser redirection through this domain, please follow the tips below on how to fix this problem.
Download search.tb.ask.com removal tool:
Search.tb.ask.com redirect removal milestones:
- Scan your PC with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to remove all forms of malware residing on your PC.
- In Trojan Killer’s open window click “Tools” and select “Reset browser settings“.
- Give your permission for Trojan Killer to reset browser settings:
- You will get the following confirmation message:
- If you still have any problems with browser redirection via search.tb.ask.com, please get in touch with us through support link for additional assistance.