The appearance of search.societycake.com in your browser usually signifies the fact that you have an advertising-supported application (or a browser hijacker) on your computer. This app is responsible for the redirects, pop-ups, banners, and other advertisements that you see in your browsers. It is imperative that you know that the website cannot be completely trusted. It will expose you to suspicious data. Unfortunately, the same can be stated about some of the other ads brought to you by the potentially unwanted program. We suggest that you terminate search.societycake.com related software as soon as you can.
The reason why you may not recall installing any ad-supported apps is because they use other freeware to access computer systems. The applications attach themselves to free third party software and appear in the installation wizard as optional components. If you skip through the wizard, you agree to adding these components to your PC unknowingly. Make sure not to make the same mistake in the future. Always go for the Advanced mode and decline all additional offers.
As soon as the adware reaches your system, it starts its annoying behavior. It will not only cause redirects to search.societycake.com and other websites that sponsor it, but it will also modify your browser settings and insert advertisements into your favorite pages. The search.societycake.com domain well present you with a search box (societycake.com), links to news articles, date and time, etc. Other pages and other ads that you will see while surfing the Web will also have to do with promoting the hijacker’s sponsors. None of them are endorsed by the app, so you click on the ads and the links at your own risk. We urge you not to do that. Instead, we advise that you eliminate search.societycake.com and its related program from your browsers and your computer.
Step by step instructions how to remove search.societycake.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove search.societycake.com virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove search.societycake.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying search.societycake.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove search.societycake.com virus from your browser
First of all, search.societycake.com is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove search.societycake.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. search.societycake.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with search.societycake.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.