Remove Search Secretly from browser
If Search Secretly extension appears in your Chrome browser, you have become a victim of the adware developers. You may already suffering from the hundreds of ads and pop-ups, eternal redirects and dubious search results. Search Secretly main goal is to promote you another suspicious websites and software, that all together may ruin your system completely. So, if you want to keep your computer safe, you need to remove Search Secretly as soon as you notice its presence.
Search Secretly usually install on the users browsers silently, without permission, hiding in bundles with free software. So the main tip about how to prevent Search Secretly infection (or any other similar unwanted browser extension) is to be very attentive to what you download and where you go. Moreover, the security experts recommend you to scan the system regularly with a good anti-malware tool, and always remove all suspicious items.
Search Secretly browser extension is not dangerous software like Trojan viruses or ransomware infection. Despite of this fact, Search Secretly may lead such really dangerous items into your system. That is why you need to get rid of Search Secretly unwanted browser extension, and we know how to do it quickly and easily.
Step by step instructions how to remove Search Secretly virus.
STEP 1. Remove Search Secretly virus from the system
First of all, Search Secretly is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Search Secretly virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Search Secretly browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Search Secretly virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Search Secretly from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Search Secretly prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Search Secretly virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.