Remove search.searchwamtv.com from Chrome, Firefox & IE
search.searchwamtv.com is a questionable website promoted by a browser hijacker. It will be set as your homepage, new tabs and search engine (searchwamtv.com) on all browsers installed if the hijacker has infected your system. It’s not a malicious computer infection and it will not harm your computer directly. However, the changes that it will perform will allow it to redirect you to sponsored websites and this is where it could get troublesome.
Browser hijackers aim to redirect to sponsored websites but they do not differentiate between safe and malicious websites. You could end up being led to a malicious site where you could obtain some kind of malware. And you did not even choose to use the website. The hijacker was attached to freeware as an extra offer that you needed to deselect. Otherwise, it will install alongside. These would be the reasons why you need to delete search.searchwamtv.com.
Browser hijackers are added to freeware and you need to deselect them to prevent their installation. This can be easily done, however. It’s much easier to do this than it would be to uninstall search.searchwamtv.com or similar later on. What you need to do is access Advanced or Custom settings and uncheck the boxes that appear there. Make sure you deselect everything because those items are hidden there for a reason. If you fail to uncheck something, it will install. Refrain from using Default settings because they will not show you anything.
search.searchwamtv.com hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove search.searchwamtv.com virus from the browser
First of all, search.searchwamtv.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by search.searchwamtv.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and search.searchwamtv.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that search.searchwamtv.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove search.searchwamtv.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed search.searchwamtv.com!
Video guide on how to remove search.searchwamtv.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with search.searchwamtv.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.