Search.searchlwp.com is a suspicious website that professes itself as rightful search engine. Its undertaking to trick computer users is somehow plausible. Many web users fall victims to Search.searchlwp.com and it is now set as the default home page of their browser. There will be no visible hazard except for outdone home page and default search engine. However, Search.searchlwp.com may convey more security risks when installed and run on the machine. First, Search.searchlwp.com was coded to monitor every user’s browsing routine. It documents visited web sites, search terms, and personal data. Then, this adware logs every vital information such as personal details, online purchasing proceedings, and similar occurrences. Attacker can either use collected data or sell them to fraudulent advertising networks to be use as reference when selling products online.
By claiming to be an ideal search engine but provides no actual benefit to end user, Search.searchlwp.com can be considered as malicious software. It hijacks the home page, start-up page, and new tab of popular programs as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. By assigning itself as default search engine, Search.searchlwp.com will begin to deliver advertisements on major section of search results page.
Users are force to use Search.searchlwp.com in the sole purpose of making online profit. Similar to most home page hijackers, advertisers are paying Search.searchlwp.com’s developers for every referral or clicks it generates. Individual product sales traded on the same web site is another source of revenue.
Users are normally not aware that they are granting the installation of Search.searchlwp.com and other adware during the setup process of the main program. To make things worse, changes applied by most bundled software are irreversible. Complex procedures to remove them are necessary. Luckily, we are able to provide you with easy-to-follow steps and free tools on this page.
Automatic removal tool for Search.searchlwp.com:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for Search.searchlwp.com:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Search.searchlwp.com virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by Search.searchlwp.com:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: