search.searchetan.com hijacker may attack your internet browser suddenly. It changes your Internet Explorer or other popular search engine without your permission. Usually, the pest replaces your homepage. Also, it may add extensions in your Chrome or FireFox. The parasite aims to track your data, including personal information.
search.searchetan.com is a sort of malware that may cause troubles and redirections. However, technically the software is not a virus. It cannot damage your PC (laptop). For this reason, security experts deem it as an unwanted program. It is classified like browser hijacker.
This application may penetrate into your system via shareware or free software. Usually, the scammers use bundling. This way is a dodgy trick to force users to install search.searchetan.com hijacker (or other unwanted programs) stealthily. The naive users not aware how and when they installed it.
Step by step instructions how to remove search.searchetan.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove search.searchetan.com virus from the system
First of all, search.searchetan.com is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove search.searchetan.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying search.searchetan.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove search.searchetan.com virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove search.searchetan.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. search.searchetan.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with search.searchetan.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.