How to remove Search – Powerfulsearch.net hijacker?
Search – Powerfulsearch.net is a dangerous program which is fairly classified as browser hijacker. This is because of the amendments it introduces into the way your browser normally operates. It changes the home page to begin with Powerfulsearch.net.com. When you are forced to submit search queries through it the search results will derive through Yahoo Search instead of Google Search. Many active Internet surfers would like to get rid of this hijacker, however, they do not know how to perform removal in an effective manner.
The peculiarity of Search – Powerfulsearch.net browser hijacker is the fact that it attacks only popular browsers. Hence, the attack is directed at Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox most likely. As a matter of fact, intrusion of this hijacker into your system occurs whenever people download and subsequently install certain free software through various freeware download resources. Many of such cost-free applications, are interconnected with adware, browser modifiers and other totally useless and even malicious programs. In the light of this fact, it is very important that you always carefully read the installation guidelines associated with freeware installers. Do not permit any extra programs to be injected.
The sad fact is that often people just fail to be careful. They may click on Next or I agree buttons all the time, not really understanding what exactly they agree with. Doing so they surely allow many unwanted applications to be installed, including Search – Powerfulsearch.net hijacker. We actually strongly advise you not to surf for information using this browser hijacker. It will not provide you with adequate or relevant search results. Instead, you may be permanently facing the load of advertisement banners and sponsored links leading you to many unsafe pages in the web.
Step by step instructions how to remove Powerfulsearch.net virus.
STEP 1. Remove Powerfulsearch.net virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Powerfulsearch.net virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Powerfulsearch.net browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Powerfulsearch.net virus from your browser
First of all, Powerfulsearch.net is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Powerfulsearch.net from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Powerfulsearch.net prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Powerfulsearch.net virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.