This removal guide is created to show you what is Search.newtab-mediasearch.com website and why it is so dangerous for your computer. Even though it may look very convincing, this page is another hijacker with identical design to hundreds of other websites like that. It is advised to remove these page as soon as you will be aware of its presence in your browser.
Cyber criminals have methods of breaking in for various situations. They can install programs without you noticing it, make your computer change settings, generate ads and pop-ups all over your screen. For that, they can wrap the installation of their malicious programs or website in the installation of other programs. Also, viruses like Search.newtab-mediasearch.com can be promoted by them as legit searching services
After successful installation of Search.newtab-mediasearch.com hijacker virus, it will change some settings of your browser to make it show this page on every start. This behavior is common for viruses like that, but they can also add parameters in browser shortcuts and make them execute these parameters before the start. Pages like Search.newtab-mediasearch.com can be very dangerous because of hackers and cyber criminals that are using them to collect information of its users, track search queries and sell this data to some third parties. Because of these activities, it is advised to remove Search.newtab-mediasearch.com hijacker virus from your computer as soon as possible. Follow the steps below to do that.
How to remove Search.newtab-mediasearch.com hijacker?
If your computer is infected with Search.newtab-mediasearch.com hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “Search.newtab-mediasearch.com” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for Search.newtab-mediasearch.com hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
Video explains how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Search.newtab-mediasearch.com virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangeropus for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is eccential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before procceding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!